Exercise in your Daily Routine
Staying active is super important for a healthy lifestyle, but sometimes you don’t have the time to set aside time to go to the gym. Here are some small ways to stay active throughout the day.
1. Walk More! This may sound obvious, but it can really make a difference. Take the longer route to class, or park farther away so you have to walk more to reach your destination.
2. Sneak in workouts during T.V time. Whether you’re watching a video for a class or for fun, instead of sitting idle, do some lunges, chair dips or leg raises!
3. Take the stairs! Skip the elevator and challenge yourself to those 4 flights of stairs. Doing this daily can improve your stamina (especially when climbing multiple sets of stairs) and keep you energized throughout the day.
4. Do short bursts of activity! Even if you only have 10 minutes to spare, do a couple push-ups or crunches, or even just some jumping jacks in place can get your blood pumping!
5. Stretch! Stretching is a great way to relieve tension and take a break from doing work.
6. Stay standing! If you are able to, do your work standing or make it a habit to stay standing while cooking/cleaning/taking public transportation etc.
Lastly, remember even the smallest efforts count! Stay active, stay hydrated and stay healthy!