Ad-Duha, The Morning Light
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. By the morning light.
2. And the night as it settles.
3. Your Lord did not abandon you, nor did He forget.
4. The Hereafter is better for you than the First.
5. And your Lord will give you, and you will be satisfied.
6. Did He not find you orphaned, and shelter you?
7. And found you wandering, and guide you?
8. And found you in need, and enrich you?
9. Therefore, do not mistreat the orphan.
10. Nor refuse the seeker.
11. But proclaim the blessings of your Lord.
This Surah brings us back to the most important reality of our existence: namely, that the eternal next life is “better for us”; superior to this ephemeral world. Moreover, this world can only have full meaning when the next world is taken into account.
As humans, this world is our soil and the seeds we choose to plant will be the fruits which we inshAllah enjoy in the hereafter. As teenagers, we must not forget that God has not forgotten us and that he guides those who seek and shelters those who search for home in Him.