5 Ways To Prepare Yourself For Ramadan
As the blessed month of Ramadan approaches, it is important to prepare yourself and others in advance to ensure you get the most out of the month!
- Make a Ramadan plan and intention - Make a list of things you want to achieve during the month, whether it be reading the entire Quran or praying all your taraweeh every night, and create a realistic plan on achieving these goals. Knowing what you want to achieve will ensure you stay focused
- Prepare your mindset - Become vigilant about what you speak and work on your patience, making sure you are cutting out all bad habits out of your life, don’t wait till Ramadan begins
- Eat Moderately and Healthier - Pay attention to what you eat, making sure you take in all necessary vitamins and nutrients and that you aren’t overeating
- Make Dua’a and Repent -The Prophet (pbuh) said: “All the children of Adam constantly err, but the best of those who constantly err are those who constantly repent.” It is important to reflect on your wrongdoings and repent to Allah (SWT)
- Pray extra prayers and fast voluntarily - This time is the best time to make up fasts and prayers in preparation for Ramadan. It can help to start fasting often, to gain control over your actions and to help build endurance
May Allah guide us towards making this Ramadan a source for gathering many blessings and for improving ourselves and others.