Homemade Banana Bread!
This recipe is simple and easy to follow, and you will end up with delicious, sweet, homemade banana bread!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas (preferably super ripe!)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Any add-in items of your choice (I find the best ones to be walnuts and chocolate chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Mash or cut up the bananas and add them in. Beat it well so that there are no more chunks of banana
- Add in the flour, about a quarter cup at a time, while continuing to beat the batter. Add in the baking soda as well
- (Optional) Add in any additional items of your choice, such as nuts or chocolate chips. Mix well
- Grease two loaf pans well with oil or butter. Split the batter and pour it into the two pans evenly
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the top is nice and golden brown!
*This recipe is perfect for if you have bananas which are too ripe to eat and you do not want to throw them away. The darker the banana, the better the bread.
Image Source: "Mark Bittman's Banana Bread" from New York Times Cooking