Tips for Tests
With finals around the corner, anxiety, panic, and fatigue surround us. As I was searching ways to alleviate this hardship, I came across an article, written by Samana Siddiqui, about 6 important Islamic tips to remember in order to ensure success inshAllah.
1. Intention: The prophet said, “Indeed, every person will be rewarded based on their intentions… ” (Bukhari and Muslim). Seeking knowledge is required in Islam to build a better connection with Allah and to understand what He has blessed us with. So, let us seek knowledge for the sake of Allah.
2. Manage your time around Salah: This allows us to manage our time effectively while also maintaining the remembrance of Allah. We should not forget that salah is our main form of communication with Allah and our way of asking Allah for ease and help.
3. Make duaa’ before, during, and after: Duaa allows us to achieve full barakah in everything we do. Some duaa to remember:
رب إشرح لي صدري و يسر لي أمري وحلل عقدة من لساني يفقهو قول
(My Lord, expand for me my chest with assurance. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot from my tongue. That they may understand my speech)
اللهم لا سهل إلا ما جعلته سهلا وانت تجعل الحزن إذا شئت سهلا
(O’ Allah! Nothing is easy except what you have made easy. If you wish, you can make the difficult easy)
اللهم انفعني بما علمتني وعلمني ما ينفعني وزدني علم
(O’ Allah, benefit me from that which You taught me, and teach me that which will benefit me, and increase me in knowledge.”
4.Take advantage of Tahajjud: Personally, I have experienced so much barakah in those few (1-2) hours before Fajr. Sometimes, I am able to finish more in those two hours than in the whole day. This time is truly blessed, especially since the Prophet said, “Our Lord descends each night to the nearest Heaven when only the last third of the night remains..” (Tirmidhi).
5. Spread out studying times: Samana Siddiqui eloquently explained this. “If we crammed all five prayers of the day into one hour… it wouldn't help us remember Allah.” We should space out our studying sessions because it is scientifically shown that that boosts retention and focus.
6. Learn, Teach, and Relearn: It has been scientifically proven that teaching helps a person retain knowledge. This is similar to when we memorize the Quran. We memorize, get tested, and then test others.
For more information (Samana Siddiqui): https://www.soundvision.com/article/6-islamic-tips-for-studying-for-exams