Tips on How to Feel Less Tired During the Day
If you ever find yourself having a drowsy day with an endless need for coffee (which can be pretty often), here are some tips you can follow to feel more awake!
Now, it is pretty obvious that the lack of sleep is the most common cause of exhaustion. Try to get at least seven hours of sleep every night! I know, this can difficult with busy schedules and all of the responsibilities you may have, but getting the right amount of rest is going to help you in the long run as well.
Here are some other tips on staying awake and active during the day!
1. Eat a solid breakfast: Just as they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You have to give your body energy as you wake up, and a protein-filled breakfast is the way to go. Try not to overload on sugar with breakfast, though, because that can eventually lead to a spike in your blood sugar and even more drowsiness later in the day.
2. Stay Hydrated: Always carry a water bottle with you, as dehydration causes more exhaustion and fatigue.
3. Limit your caffeine intake: Coffee may wake you up when you drink it, but it can also wake you up too much, preventing you from being able to sleep well at night. Try not to drink caffeine past five pm, as this will prevent insomnia and further lack of sleep.
4. Exercise: Sitting around without moving for long periods of time will increase fatigue, so get up and move around! It will keep you refreshed and awake.
5. Limit your screen use in bed: Blue light which comes from the screens on our phones, laptops, or TVs can prevent us from being able to sleep properly, thus making us more tired. Try to stay away from using your phone late at night or while laying in bed.